Monday, January 12, 2015

Solidarity

Today we went to our local town to join in the march organised as a response to the tragic deaths in France in the past week. It was very moving. I heard a grandma explaining to her two grandchildren why we there - to be thankful that we can was one of the things she said.  The town we were in has a large Arab community and it was very comforting to see so many on the March, several carrying placards denouncing the violence. It made me think of this image that I had seen earlier in the weekend.


Extreme satirical humour isn't my cup of tea so I dont subscribe to publications for whom it is a raison d'ĂȘtre. However I do believe in freedom of speech and freedom of expression and so was proud to wear my 'Je suis Charlie' badge today and take part in the march of solidarity.

I have no photos as this wasn't a day for snapping so I will end with the image that has brought so many people together in protest against violence in the name of religion.










No comments: